Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The lIttle Mornings

The Little Mornings, by C M Albrecht is a murder mystery with 262 utterly engaging pages. We have three primary characters here – the grandfather, an alcoholic of doubtful character, a somewhat off balance woman (Angie) and an susceptible young man (Darcy) who gets mixed up in a whirlwind of issues. Murder, stealing and lies keep the fluctuating relationship between Darcy and Angie on edge. Holding a secret is no easy job, particularly when someone else crops up into the view with inner knowledge to the truth. Darcy, not able to moderate the events, becomes a different individual completely from the one we knew in the first few pages of the book. Maybe because I am a author, and this book has to do with the publishing industry, I am fond to the theme. Grandfather’s description of a writer’s techniques to achieve their imaginative dreams had me laughing aloud – because it was so true. As were the unsuccessful, aspirant authors and the over worked publishers. I felt the book was very truthful in this respect. I enjoyed the first few paragraphs – they actually drew me in. I kept hearing Humphry Bogart’s voice in my head telling the tale as I read along. I sat on the edge of an wretched plastic chair 2 days ago and opened the first page to start surveying The Little Mornings. I intended to take only a ten-minute break from my day to relish the sunshine. The next thing I knew, my leg and butt-cheek were both completely numb and empty… and I was on page 50! So be warned, readers, this book may very well take you out of service for a few days. I could not wait to return to it every minute I had to spare! ISBN#: 1894942434 Author: C M Albrecht Publisher: Zumaya Publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment